Thursday, March 8, 2012

WOW!

Where has the time gone?  Last thing I knew it was February and now we're approaching mid-March!  What has everyone been doing these past few weeks?

I have been sewing, of course, and have finished the Ocelot Faux Fur Vest (formerly referred to as "Leopard").  You can see that hereIt was a lot of fun to do, and I decided to line it with some really nice black silk.  It feels H*E*A*V*E*N*L*Y

Meanwhile, I have also put some Spring Dresses together, and I really love them!  I love working with this ITY fabric, it's so slinky and care free.  Just wash, dry and wear!  Take a gander at a couple, here and here.

I believe we were about to put a collar on our camel fur vest and that would finish it up, right?  Yes indeed!  So here is our finished Mongolian Camel Fur vest:

 Here's the front view


and here's the back
 

and here it is on, showing the inside.  I added a couple of large hooks and eyes to keep it closed.


You can always wear it with a belt instead!



What do you think?  I really like it and am happy with the way this turned out.






Is there something in particular you want to know about, something you want to make but need a few tips?  Let me know!


Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment